Thursday, November 21, 2013

Marching to the beat of the Harlem Fake

So hi guys it's Nathalie...

Anywho I remembered that this blog was also going to be a way to tell Mr. Swag what's going on in our lives. And I really wanted to tell Mr. Swag (I'm sorry, I don't think I'll ever be able to call him Steve) that I SURVIVED MARCHING BAND. And it was so fun. I mean, my outlook towards marching band has changed quite a bit, as I was put off by (okay not happy with) the idea we were forced to do in freshman year. (Seriously super fun!)

**Nostalgia Alert** I remember being a little skeptic about CLS in the beginning. But I eventually found a family with you guys and had a blast. Sure we didn't get along all the time and were super dysfunctional but that what family's for right? In marching band, I similarly now have a (sorta) family within my pitlets and my drumline people. Even though I embarrass myself almost daily in front of those guys.

So (I guess) what I'm trying to get at here, is that the good comes along with the bad. And you might struggle up a mountain but at the top you'll find that it's better up here and you're glad you came. I seriously miss the good old days (I almost teared up looking at those photos, Erica) but I have KOALAS now. And it's not necessarily better or worse, it's just different.

So Mr. Swag, next year if you happen to find yourself hearing the marching band rehearsals, listen for a clumsy and awkward bass drum/cymbal.  That (hopefully) will be me.  :)

(Wow)(Iusedparenthesesalot)

No comments:

Post a Comment